The simulator is a model of the chest of an adult male with the proximal thirds of the arms raised.
The chest wall has the following layers:
There are two openings on the right side of the chest to demonstrate the anatomical structure.
The physical properties of the model material are close to real values.
- in the upper left part of the chest in the second intercostal space along the midclavicular line, there is a site for decompression with tension pneumothorax;
- area for surgical introduction of a drainage tube for hydrothorax in the fifth intercostal space along the middle axillary line on the left;
- the possibility of filling the bag with a liquid that simulates pleural effusion;
- the ability to change the color, volume and density of the liquid by adding a powder that imitates blood;
- pressure to simulate tension pneumothorax is generated mechanically.
The simulator is intended for use in medical educational institutions.
Pleural Puncture Trainer
- Product passport