The simulator is a model of a torso with neck and chin. Palpable ribs, sternum and clavicle covered with imitation muscles allow selection of desired catheter length. Models of vessels are under the removable skin and reproduce:
- external jugular vein
- internal jugular vein
- subclavian vein
- common carotid artery
For control and a realistic picture, the vessels are filled with artificial blood, which enters a syringe when the procedure is performed correctly (Venous channels are separated). A pump is attached to the arterial bed to simulate a pulse.
The simulator allows to train following skills:
- Subclavian vein catheterization
- Jugular vein catheterization
- Palpation of the pulse during catheterization
- Securing the catheter / bandage application
The simulator is intended for use at medical educational institutions.
- Simulator for practicing central venous catheterization
- Set of vessel models
- Product passport
Material: PU, silicone , plastic